HSBC Australia Home loan
How much can I borrow?
- As a general rule your income needs to be enough to afford the mortgage repayments.
- The amount you can borrow is also influenced by your track record at saving.
- Take into account any current borrowings and if you are managing the payments.
- If you are buying a house with a partner, then include his/her numbers as you calculate.
Get in touch
Want to talk later?
Fill in our short online enquiry form and one of our Relationship Managers will be in touch within
2 business days.
Visit us in branch for more information on this home loan.Find a branch
- The results shown above are estimates and should be used as guide only. HSBC does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of this service. HSBC specifically disclaims any liability for any damages or loss arising out of the use of or relying on this calculator. You should not make any decisions on the information obtained by using this calculator without consulting your solicitor, conveyancer, accountant or financial adviser or all of them.
- The results do not take into account additional payments and assume interest rates remain the same for the life of the loan. HSBC does not predict how quickly or the amounts by which interest rates may change. Full terms and conditions available upon application. Fees and charges apply. Lending criteria apply. Credit provider is HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162.
Share this article
How to get the best mortgage rates - Quora
I agree with Michael Cheng. If you have a great credit score, stable, verifiable income, verifiable cash on hand or assets, you are a dream client. By comparison shopping, you will be able to obtain a Loan Estimate from at least three different types of lenders: Talk with the mortgage department of where you currently bank. You already have a banking relationship with them. This is a good place to start. Next, apply with a local, licensed non-bank mortgage lender. Somebody located in the town in which you live. Last, apply with a local mortgage broker.