International loans for Real Estate
Northwind Financial Corporation provides funding for a variety of real estate and non-real estate projects worldwide through several different program options. We are prepared to provide financing assistance in a variety of countries, but for obvious reasons, cannot fund in every country. Before you consider our international lending programs, please be sure that the project is located in an approved country for that particular program type.
Our international lending programs include:
We provide direct access to the capital markets for both debt and equity capital. This can be accomplished through Private debt/equity financing, SEC Section 144A placement, Regulation D, Private Placement securities (506b/c), or Regulation S vehicles. (up to 100% LTC/LTV). We have specialized law firms and registered broker/dealer companies that are securities experts. Offerings include:
- Debt, equity, and preferred equity memorandums for clients.
- Partnership with FINRA brokers which allows a vehicle to raise the needed capital for the memorandum.
- Partnership with international hedge funds for private placement capital.
Debt and Equity Capital:
We are a direct lender for many projects. In addition, our relationships with Private Equity firms, Banks, Pension Funds, REIT’s, Hedge Funds, Special Opportunity Funds, and Venture Capital firms allow for access to capital with the most competitive rates and terms. We maintain additional correspondent relationships with more than 400 lenders and investors on a global basis for specific asset classes.
The bond funding program offers the following benefits to investors:
- 100% LTV (or LTC for construction projects)
- No personal guarantee
- No credit checks
- No asset verification
- No loss of equity in your business
- Quick turn around time – often 90 to 120 days.
- Low underwriting fee — and no lender fees upfront – all paid at time of initial approval.
- Flexible repayment terms
Eligible projects include:
- Any stabilized commercial real estate
- Construction or Rehabilitation
- Oil & gas
- Non-RE such as technology, pharmaceutical, major business acquisition/expansion
Note: ALL projects with loan amounts over 75% LTV will require a debt/equity structure. Equity requirement varies based upon evaluated underwriting risk, and comes with a 5-year buyout option for sponsor (with a pre-determined formula). Equity is based upon loan amount – not value, for borrowers protection!
International I-2 Program
The I-2 program is designed to provide flexible financing solutions in most countries throughout the world, including many under-served or third-world nations. Traditional debt structured transactions are available up to 80% LTV/LTC with rates as low as 3.00%. Higher level LTV/LTC transactions are available up to 100% with a debt/equity structure.
Project sponsors are required to demonstrate a minimum of 3% liquid capital reserves available at time of application under this program.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) administers the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5, ” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. There are two ways for a foreigner to utilize EB-5 to gain lawful permanent residence for himself and his immediate family—the Basic Program and the Regional Center Pilot Program. The programs require that the immigrant make a capital investment of either $500, 000 or $1, 000, 000 (depending on whether the investment is in a Targeted Employment Area [TEA] or not) in a new commercial enterprise located within the United States.
We maintain corresponding relationships with regional centers allowing for both debt and equity capital for projects located in the United States. Contact us directly for details.
International Trade Finance
Northwind offers a wide range of financial instruments for project financing and global trade finance.
We specialize in the issuance of Bank Guarantees, Documentary Letters of Credit, and Standby Letters of Credit from Tier I and Tier II rated Banks, and Credit Enhancement financing. In addition, we are capable of issuing “Back-to-Back” letters of credit, drawn on any investment grade bank from around the world from $5, 000, 000 to over $2 Billion
GLOBAL TRADE FINANCE FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Invoice Financing
- Purchase Order Financing
- Other Product/Asset Based Loans
- Small Business Financing
- International Trade Financing
- Supply Chain Finance
- Import/Export Finance
- Monetization of Certificates of Deposits
- Monetization of Medium Term Notes
- Monetization of Direct Pay Letters of Credits
- Monetization of Bank Guarantees (BG)
- Monetization of Stand By Letters of Credit (SBLC)
- Blocked Funds and Proof of Funds Letters
- Monetization of Government Bonds
- Letters of Credit (SBLC)
- Documentary Letters of Credit
- Back to Back Letters of Credit
Northwind Lending Notes:
- Our profits are earned from the generation of success fees at transaction closing.
- We undertake only those projects that offer:
- Experienced sponsors
- Sound business plans
- Business expansion opportunities for companies with a positive balance sheet.
- There will be a retainer and due diligence fees required. This is determined by:
- The location of the endeavor.
- The type of project.
- The strength of the sponsor.
- The status of the project documents.
- The current market conditions for the sector involved.
- A conference call will be required with each applicant after pre-underwriting.
Share this article
What US banks offer foreign national mortgages? - Quora
Find a local, licensed loan originator who works for a non-depository mortgage lender OR a mortgage broker. Either of these entities (and not a bank) will be able to help you locate a lender willing to lend. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to obtain a mortgage in the U.S. Here's another trick. The industry uses this website as a way to shop and see what lenders have to offer their customers: