Alaska Mortgage Lenders
Conventional Loan Details
- Competitive interest rates
- Up to 95% of property value
- Fixed and adjustable rate (ARM) options
- 15- or 30-year terms
As always, we provide:
- Local approval and servicing
- Quick decisions
- Refinancing available
- Experienced loan officers
- Pre-approval available
- Personalized service
Contact our Mortgage Loan Department:
- Apply for your loan online! Click the Apply Now button above. We will contact you after processing your application.
- If you have more questions or special circumstances, give us a call to make an appointment with a loan officer and we can go over your options with you in a quick 45 min. appointment.
"Owning a Home" Toolkit:
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) offers a toolkit designed to help potential homebuyers assess mortgage loan options. The kit contains resources about understanding loan options, a portal to check interest rates and more. To access the CFPB toolkit, please click
Skip A Payment
Get some financial breathing room and additional flexibility when you need it with this special offer. Just let us know which loan payment you would like to skip. Once you are approved, simply skip one month's payment and keep the cash instead!
NOTE: Skip-A-Payment does not apply to credit cards or some home loans. Loans must be up to date. Normal interest charges will continue to accrue, and your skipped payment will be added to the end of your loan term.Refinance
Refinancing your existing mortgage could mean substantial savings for you.
Refinances are usually done to lower your existing interest rate, but can also be done to:
- "Cash out" your equity
- Consolidate other existing debt
- Finance home improvements
- Or for other productive purposes
If your current loan is either through FHA or VA, both programs offer "streamline" refinancing to lower your interest rate only. In looking to refinance, it is generally accepted that the new refinanced interest rate should be at least 1% lower than your current rate to be cost effective.
Use our to explore potential financial options.
If you are ready to re-finance your home, contact our Mortgage Loan Department:
VA Loan Details
VA Loans are insured by the Veterans Administration and are designed to help qualified veterans purchase a home.
- Generally available to both active duty military and veterans.
- Up to 100% financing for qualified veterans on new purchases.
- VA loans offer several refinancing opportunities including a "streamline" refinance that lowers the interest rate.
As always, we provide:
- Pre-approval letter
FHA Loan Details
FHA (Federal Housing Administration) is a government loan program with funds available to qualifying borrowers through HUD (the Department of Housing and Urban Development). During your pre-qualification appointment, we evaluate your individual financial situation and recommend the FHA program that is best for you.
- Up to 96.5% of the property value or sales price (whichever is lower)
- Up to 97.75% for a refinance.
- FHA Loans are assumable when the house is again sold
AHFC Loan Details
Spirit of Alaska FCU is an approved lender with . AHFC's mission is to "provide Alaskans access to safe, quality, affordable housing." We partner with AHFC to offer a wide variety of programs with attractive rates such as:
- First-time Homebuyer
- IRRLIB (Income Rate Reduction for Low Income Borrowers)
- Energy Rate Reduction
- USDA Rural Development
- VMP (Veterans Mortgage Program)
Visit AHFC's website to find out their current rates and available programs. During your pre-qualification appointment, we evaluate your specific financial situation and recommend the AHFC program that is best for you.
Phone: 907-459-5974HomeStart Program
HomeStart Program Details
The HomeStart Program is designed to help you accumulate funds for the down payment and closing costs on a new home purchase. In cooperation with the Federal Home Loan Bank, this income sensitive program matches every $1 you save with $3 up to a maximum of $5, 000.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a first-time home buyer
- Meet the income and savings requirements
- Complete a home buyer education class
- Qualify for mortgage financing with Spirit of Alaska Federal Credit Union
After enrollment, you have up to one year to purchase your home and receive matching funds. Spirit of Alaska provides a HomeStart Savings account to facilitate the program.